Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My Great-Grandfather, A War Hero

To everyone,

My great-grandfather, Harold Clayton Clark served in the United States Army in the 9th Infantry, 39th Regiment, 2nd Battalion ECHO Company from March 13 1943 - October 13 1944.
He told me all his war stories them beiing to much to mention but the one that has stuck in my mind all these years is the one involving him and a pair of Colt 1911's .45 Automatic. He had bought a pair of these pistols and wore them in a six-gun rig when he went to fight. His platoon sergeant or officer said that they would have to confiscate his guns. Well in his own words told them " You will have to kill me before you take my guns." This was one of countless stories that he told me about fighting them "godamn Nazis." His obituary will be posted separatley.

No comments: